Saturday, June 16, 2012

Delayed

"Sometimes you are delayed where you are because God knows there's a storm where you're headed.  Be grateful."  I saw this quote on pinterest this morning and thought it says it explains a moment or two in life.  I often feel delayed, stuck, and unsettled.  I'm content, but don't always move forward at the speed I would really like.  Every day my husband begins and ends with job searches (he's a government employee; previous military; traveled with and was part of the protection detail to the Bush Administration; 50% disabled veteran; and he cannot get a decent job).  Applying for new jobs, updating previous ones, calling when he was not referred.  It's like looking through one of those carnival tunnels that spin and you are still standing at the entrance timing your rhythm before you step into the twist and excitement of the ride.  When you made that decision from "why wait?" and after years you're still standing in line with your ticket in hand, well enough said, I'm impatient. 

Yet, we have turned down a few offers because it just didn't seem right.  It wasn't where we wanted to go...a completely different direction.  My husband gets upset by this "missed opportunities" and says we are taking the next one no matter what (not gonna happen).  I am just a point A to B kind of person and sway him to stick to the path we decided quite often (we have notes in the kitchen that show our compromise to each other so we stick to it, no confusion).  He, however, is okay if there are points A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I,...Z to reach the final destination.  All too often I read stories of death and devastation to the areas we could have moved.  I find it quite remarkable that this places even exist in the United States.  Though, I am delayed, I am quite grateful that me and my family were not there and did not have to face such incredible challenges each day.  God does delay us for a reason and well, my instinct comes from somewhere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment